Monday, September 15, 2014

Blog 091514 - Practice Making Textual Connections

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/who-kira-kazantsev-meet-new-miss-america-1465544
Text-to-text connection This article interested me because in The Girl Who Fell from the Sky, Rachel cuts her hair after a black woman becomes Miss America for the first time. This article is about the 2015 Miss America. This new Miss America is not black though. Kira Kazanstev advocates against domestic violence. This reminds me of the domestic violence in The Girl Who Fell from the Sky.
Text-to-world connection This article makes me think about how the Miss America is a role model for many girls in America. Kira Kazanstev is a first-generation American, and her parents are from Russia. That makes me think about how there is a lot of diversity in America, and there are people from all around the world who are Americans.
Text-to-self connection The new Miss America took the crown in a pageant in Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall, which makes me think about the time I visited Atlantic City with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment